Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Troup has cracked bone in hand

Torell Troup was diagnosed with a cracked bone in his right hand. Troup said he believed it happened when he got his hand stuck in Eric Wood's pads. He'll be fitted for a cast soon and it's expected the cast will be removed by the season opener. “Somewhere in my hand I’ve got a little broken bone, but it’ll be fine,” Troup said. “I’m still going to play. I’ve just got to wait for the pain to go away and they’re going to cast it up and I’ll get out there again.”

My Take: Too bad for Troup who was having his best training camp yet (OKAY -- out of 2). Troup made some big strides from last year, improving on his handwork and his core strength through some intense offseason workouts. The good news is this doesn't appear to be a season long injury and if they handle it properly, he should be good to go for the season opener. The only tricky thing is he's never played with this type of injury so we don't know how it will affect his overall play.

No comments:

Post a Comment