Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Antonio Coleman gets first team reps

From BuffaloBills.com:
Antonio Coleman has been seeing some reps here and there with the first team defense at their Jack linebacker position in place of Shawne Merriman, whose reps are being controlled. “I think it’s just good for me to be back off my injury and I’m 110 percent,” said Coleman. “(Chris) Kelsay and (Shawne) Merriman, those are our leaders, so whenever they’re out I just try to pick up the slack.”
Coleman has seen time at both the SAM and Jack linebacker positions on the outside thus far in camp.
MY TAKE: Coleman was a kid I kept a close eye on last year coming out of Auburn. He made the team when the odds were against him as an undrafted rookie. He was very productive in college and Buddy likes those big school guys who produced for several years in college. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a good look this year at some point. He's got the football instinct that Aaron Maybin lacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment