Friday, September 2, 2011

One last crack at the 53 man roster

Here's my first 53 man roster. After some thought, I thought I'd give an updated version of it.

Missing on this version of the 53 man roster: Terrence McGee, Arthur Moats, and Mansfield Wrotto.
Back on the roster: Geoff Hangartner.
New to the roster: Justin Rogers, Robert Eddins.

Don't freak out -- I doubt they are going to get rid of Moats. I'm just going off what others have speculated, because of his injury and lack of outstanding play at ILB, Moats may have fell out favor with this staff. But I still think that's a stretch. He's the only guy from last year's draft class who showed anything during the year. I'd be surprised and disappointed if they got rid of him. As for McGee, I'm also running with some speculation about a possible trade for a low round pick or flat out cutting him so the young guys can play (that would be stupid). You know the deal on Wrotto -- he's looked awful. Gailey has been giving Eddins glowing reviews which is why I threw him on the team. Hangartner's back in because every other back-up sucks. I thought about Colin Brown but ... nah. I wanted to throw Kamar Aiken in there as well but I can't see them getting rid of Roosevelt. Aiken has the size Nix looks for in WR but he's a bit raw. No Jasper or Heard again because I think they'll keep 9 LBs and 10 guys in the secondary.

3 Quarterbacks: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith

3 Running Backs: Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White

1 Fullback: Corey McIntyre

6 Wide Receivers: Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Roscoe Parrish, Naaman Roosevelt, David Nelson, Marcus Easley

2 Tight Ends: Scott Chandler, David Martin

10 Offensive Linemen: Demetrius Bell T, Chris Hairston T, Geoff Hangartner, Erik Pears T, Eric Wood C/G, Andy Levitre G, Chad Rinehart G, Kraig Urbik G, Cordaro Howard T, I'm reserving this final spot for someone we pick up that gets cut on the final cut down day (September 3rd).

6 Defensive Linemen: Alex Carrington DE, Marcell Dareus DE, Dwan Edwards DE, Spencer Johnson DE, Kyle Williams NT, Torell Troup NT

9 Linebackers: Nick Barnett ILB, Andra Davis ILB, Kelvin Sheppard ILB, Kirk Morrison ILB, Shawne Merriman OLB, Danny Batten OLB, Robert Eddins, Antonio Coleman OLB, Chris Kelsay OLB

10 Defensive Backs: Jairus Byrd FS, Jon Corto FS, Bryan Scott SS, Da'Norris Searcy SS, George Wilson SS, Drayton Florence CB, Justin Rogers CB, Aaron Williams CB, Leodis McKelvin CB, Reggie Corner CB

3 Special Teams: Garrison Sanborn LS, Rian Lindell K, Brian Moorman P

8 Practice Squad
Zack Pianalto TE
Mike Caussin TE
Kamar Aiken WR
Felton Huggins WR
Michael Jasper NT
Kellen Heard DT
Chris White ILB
Jehuu Caulcrick FB

No comments:

Post a Comment